• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dirt Track legend Scott Bloomquist has died

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
R.I.P.

Plane crash. Irony.
We all have a date with the dirt.
Date unknown.
RIP.

I'll just leave this here ....

Throughout his career, Bloomquist was an aviation enthusiast. The Rogersville Review reported that he was an avid flier, although he was not an FAA-licensed pilot. Additionally, over a year ago, Bloomquist joined Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s podcast, the Dale Jr. Download, and spoke about flying. He stated in this interview that he flies frequently around his farm. He also stated that he learned to fly from his father but was never officially licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

The Rogersville Review also reported that the aircraft Bloomquist was operating at the time of the crash was a vintage Piper Cub J3C-65. This aircraft, N21811, was originally built in 1938, but it has not been properly licensed since 2012.

I'll just leave this here ....

Throughout his career, Bloomquist was an aviation enthusiast. The Rogersville Review reported that he was an avid flier, although he was not an FAA-licensed pilot. Additionally, over a year ago, Bloomquist joined Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s podcast, the Dale Jr. Download, and spoke about flying. He stated in this interview that he flies frequently around his farm. He also stated that he learned to fly from his father but was never officially licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

The Rogersville Review also reported that the aircraft Bloomquist was operating at the time of the crash was a vintage Piper Cub J3C-65. This aircraft, N21811, was originally built in 1938, but it has not been properly licensed since 2012.

[/URL]
All of that is true. The layout of what is essentially his fathers' property includes a lengthy grass airstrip, with
a hanger/barn at one end of it. He reportedly crashed the plane into the hanger, which is interesting if there
had been mechanical issues - he had dozens of acres to try to land in instead of impacting a structure.
I've been told by local emergency workers I know that it may have been intentional; speculation until there's
substantiation, however. Grain of salt...

All of that is true. The layout of what is essentially his fathers' property includes a lengthy grass airstrip, with
a hanger/barn at one end of it. He reportedly crashed the plane into the hanger, which is interesting if there
had been mechanical issues - he had dozens of acres to try to land in instead of impacting a structure.
I've been told by local emergency workers I know that it may have been intentional; speculation until there's
substantiation, however. Grain of salt...
RIP! If that's true,he went out Vanishing Point style!

R.I.P. .....
Not a FAA-licensed pilot and the plane had not been properly licensed since 2012. That's pretty sad all by itself.

RIP Scott
an USAC icon & you will be missed

Preliminary reports are out, including a picture. Definitely looking like suicide - and
with all the guy had going against him at the time, it's hard to fault him if so:

His sight sure was centered on barn, not speculating anything, sure looks like he wanted to be in control of his destiny.

Auto Transport Service
Back