• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc Conversion Help

Rakishi64

Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm doing my first drum to disc conversion. Before I remove the final bolt in the photo of the backing plate (bottom left), do I need to loosen the torsion bar adjuster first? I apologise for the rookie question.

16206035060274590810943064345282.jpg IMG_20210509_195020.jpg

No you are fine.
Ok I appreciate it. I had read that someone had not took the tension off the torsion bar with the adjuster and the car moved a bit due to the tension. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

However looking at your picture I would put jack stands under the control arms and lower it.

There will be tension on it. Slacking off the adjuster is the best way to deal with it.
If he puts jack stands under the lower control arms and lowers the jack he will not have to touch the torsion bars.

I ended up moving the jack stands. Came off easy and safely. Thanks for the guidance.

Auto Transport Service
Back