• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc conversion

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Hi new to the list and was trying to convert my 1970 road runner to front discs, i had a list of parts, but my first problem i ran into is that the rotors i was to use have a 115mm bolt circle instead of the 4 1/2".
CALIPERS: R155169S-R55168S BENDIX
ROTORS:BD60463 WAGNER
MASTER: 11515 BENDIX (71 charger?)
HOSES: 88611 BENDIX
UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS: K7103 -(this is an offset bushing and was told to install it in reverse of what it says to gain more positive caster: 2)

so:
1. is there a rotor that will fit these spindles (attached picture) that have a 4 1/2" bolt circle? (also would like to i.d. these spindles-as i got them at a swap meet)
2. can i reuse the brake booster i have now?
3.is there a urethane equivalent for the offset bushing as i have urethane in the rest of the car.
4. do i need a porportioning valve, if so what one?

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

115 mm is 4.520" so I'd say it's pretty darn close, or close enough. The 70's vintage Toyota trucks accept 4.5" BC wheels and I bet they are 115 mm.

The spindles look like the later slider type but make sure they use the big bearings.

Your existing brake booster should be fine if it's in good shape.

You can use an adjustable proportioning valve or get a nice clean one out of the wrecking yard from a mid size front disc car.

Offset bushing??

Auto Transport Service
Back