• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distribution block

Aron Gleason

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting my autometer gauge lights to turn on when I pull the headlights. I have all the gauge lights hooked to my new distribution block with 1 wire ran to the fuse box for power. But they still won't turn on. Got dash lights. My test light lights up on the fuse box side but not on the distribution block side. Any ideas?

I don’t know what you mean by distribution block at all, but if your aftermarket gauge lights aren’t working you are not taking the power source for the gauge lights from the existing dash light circuit. Find out which wire powers the dash lights and use that.

Gets service manual or at the very least a wiring schematic for your car to determine.

If it is a junction block then none of the terminals will be connected. A buss bar will have them connected. An ohmeter is your friend.

You’ve asked this in three threads now. All with no pictures. Post some pictures of how you have it wired and we may be able to help.

Factory harness or aftermarket? There is a bunch of info missing.

You said you have 1 main wire to fuse box for power. Which fuse did you tap into? Seem like a dumb question but thes gauges are all grounded?

Auto Transport Service
Back