• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DMT Spindle Backing Plate Gasket

Macdon221

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

What am I missing here...68 Bbody Spindles....the description from DMT says it fits ""66-72 A, B, C and E bodies.
Small 1-1/2" spindle hole. Have another listing for large 73-76 spindles with 1-7/8" hole"

The part of the spindle that fits through that gasket hole I have measured as 1.75 inches.

Pretty sure its the correct spindle...1.25 inner bearing size and 3/4 outer.

Any help on clearing this up appreciated.

Macdon221

Good Day All,

What am I missing here...68 Bbody Spindles....the description from DMT says it fits ""66-72 A, B, C and E bodies.
Small 1-1/2" spindle hole. Have another listing for large 73-76 spindles with 1-7/8" hole"

[/URL]

The part of the spindle that fits through that gasket hole I have measured as 1.75 inches.

Pretty sure its the correct spindle...1.25 inner bearing size and 3/4 outer.

Any help on clearing this up appreciated.

Macdon221

I would just order the one that fits the measurements of your spindle. Is there a deeper question here that I am not understanding?

The description for the gaskets are 1 1/2 or 1 7/8 hole.

The diameter of my spindle that goes through that hole in the gasket is 1 3/4. Pretty sure it is the correct spindle for a 68.

Does anyone have the diameter of spindle handy for a 68? Is the description for the gasket wrong? or am I just missing something here?

The picture is just for reference from another poster.

IMG_1710.JPG

I should clarify my statement: Go with the one that will fit over your spindles even if it is 1/8" larger hole. It will fully serve its intended purpose.

Otherwise, the vendor's phone number is is at the top of their web page. Sorry - don't have a loose spindle of that variety to measure for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back