• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

do the headlight bezels on the 74/73

ramairthree

Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
inner screws screw into tabs on the grille?

the edges of my grill are cracked where it tucks under the bezels and there seems to be no place to screw my inner headlight bezel screws.

if this is the case, does anyone have pictures of the edges of the grill and the screw tabs?

I need to get out some ultra black gasket maker, etc. and makes some tabs if this is the case. thank you.

ps- does the bottom of the grille just rest over the bumper, or is it supposed to connect to anything on the bottom?

Ok so it looks like you are dealing with a runner and it is the same as my sat.
There shouls be a metal brack/bracket that runs for and aft. The grill mounts on two tabs that are bent in twoards the center of the car at a 90% angle. just above ane below those are two more tabs that are bent inward at approx a 30%degree angle and are tipped up on the top and down on the bottom lets say at 1:00 and 5:00 position and both should have some kind of a plastic bushing in then to accept and hold the screw threads.

As far as the grille goes there may be three but more probably two trim pices involved with it The top usually only used on the satellite commonly called the hood front trim. It goes from bezel to bezel along the top front nose piece. And screws in to the bottom of the hood front.

Next down is what I call the grille center trim. It runs right along the center of the grille and only screws in at each end.

And now the bottom it looka a lot like the top one and it gors on those rounded plastic parts that run along the bottom of the grille and face forward.
It screws in every six to eight inches along the bottom of the grille and is not attached to the bumper.

The grille assy only screws on to the car 2 on each end and onr in the middle to the brace that holds the hood latch reciever assy.

Hope this helps...D

Found some pics go to this thread (My '73 Satellite )in 71-74 mopars and you will see exactly what you are looking for

Thanks!

I was thinking I needed to screw it to the grill but was missing tabs
(I just fixed ALL of the broken top tabs and center tab, yep everyone was broken off and the grill was ziptied one) with little pieces of sheet metal and gasket maker.

(I used to be a JB Weld man- but ultra black has taken over for me after many things that failed with JB- it is strong as hell, and the touch of flexibility it has I believe holds stuff like seat back cracks, tabs, etc when JB weld has craked on me)

like the outside scews go in I see.

Now,
those little circle inserts that take the screws-
where do I get those?

You might try r/t specialties, they say they have a bazillion clips screws and such.
site looks good but I have not got anything from them so I can not speak for thier price or service.

Auto Transport Service
Back