• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Dodge 440 Engine block & crank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty Thompson

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Selling a cast dated 1969, Dodge 440 block and crank. Gentleman already run the numbers for me and I know it was used in a 70's application. Block is standard bore. Crank is standard on the rod and main journals. Asking $400.00 obo.

440 block 3.jpg
440 block 2.jpg
440 block 1.jpg

Numbers were ran so what did it come out of please?

Numbers tell me it was used in a 69 vehicle, non HP. What is on the VIN pad? Passenger side pan rail.

Thank you. Gent I had looking at it said it was a 70ish engine. The numbers by the pan rail weren't a known commodity at that time.
Doesn't make much difference as far as your sale goes, it's still a 440 steel crank, and block. Because it doesn't have a HP stamp doesn't mean it's any less of a part. What would mean the most to me as a buyer is if it will remain stock bore, and the crank doesn't need turned. I would much rather build a stock block and crank engine than one bored 30, 40 or 60 over with a crank turned 10 or 20 thousandths. The best on your sale.
By the way with the top pad stamped E 440 is the first indicator that it is a 69 assembled block.
B= 66
C= 67
D= 68
E= 69 and so on.

Doesn't make much difference as far as your sale goes, it's still a 440 steel crank, and block. Because it doesn't have a HP stamp doesn't mean it's any less of a part. What would mean the most to me as a buyer is if it will remain stock bore, and the crank doesn't need turned. I would much rather build a stock block and crank engine than one bored 30, 40 or 60 over with a crank turned 10 or 20 thousandths. The best on your sale.
By the way with the top pad stamped E 440 is the first indicator that it is a 69 assembled block.
B= 66
C= 67
D= 68
E= 69 and so on.
Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back