• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone have photos of correct assembly of 67 Coronet door locks?

TekHousE

Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
HI,

I have just received the small links that connect from the key lock tumbler tag, to the push/pull door lock knobs.

Does anyone have a photo of how they connect?

One end of the linkage has a plain flat cutoff end, the other has more of a small ball type joint and notch.

Any help would be much appreciated..

BTW I cleaned them up using only Cider vinegar overnight..

Before:
$(KGrHqZHJDgFIrpKidDwBSN3E!imG!~~60_4.JPG

After:
CameraZOOM-20130925135952604.jpg

If I can remember I could take some tonight as my door panels are off. But i do remember from looking in there that the rod turns 90 degrees to the lock mechanism on the door so the first pic you posted looks about right except it would be facing down not straight out.

I will try it tomorrow.

In the first pic, if you think the RIGHT (correct) end is connected to the tumbler tag then that is half the battle. Since my car is MISSING these entirely I do not have any reference.

It looks like the cut offf end goes on the tag on the tumbler, and the end with the machined joint goes on whatever the knob mechanism looks like.

I will try it tomorrow.

In the first pic, if you think the RIGHT (correct) end is connected to the tumbler tag then that is half the battle. Since my car is MISSING these entirely I do not have any reference.

It looks like the cut offf end goes on the tag on the tumbler, and the end with the machined joint goes on whatever the knob mechanism looks like.

.....great job in finding those sir.

I just went out to take you the photo but then realized the door is all taped up because I just shot primer....if I remember I can take one of the finished door outside tomorrow.

I am going to apply logic to it today and see if I can work it out. I am sure the bends and twists are there for some logical reason, so I probably can get it to work.

OK, got it all working.

:)

Doors finally lock correctly.

A note to others on this as well..

IN the photo that kb67mopar kindly uploaded, note the metal 'clip' that this linkage connects to at the bottom end of the linkage.

IN my case that darker metal clip was expanded, and if that happens the small 'ball joint' on the end of the linkage will simply drop out. It took me a while to notice that the darker metal clip can be removed. I then removed it, used a pair of pliers and pressed the top and bottom sides together more. This pushes the clip so that it is a tighter fit. On the reverse side (you cannot see this in the photo above), there are 2 metal parts that the ball joint 'locks' into. Once I tightened the fir of that clip my linkages suddenly were as tight as a new one. It literally snapped into place with an audible click. :)

All good stuff to know I reckon! ;)

Auto Transport Service
Back