• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Window Moldings 74 Road Runner

RR Fan Dan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
I was wanting to replace my window moldings, but it looks like it might not be straight forward as the moldings also serve the rear fixed windows. Looking at the service manual these may or may not be glued in. Does anybody have experience with this? Do I need to cut the cement like the service manual instructs or do the rear windows come out easier than that?

Which one are you talking about?

Pic with arrow(s) might help.

I replaced the door window wiper strips on mine.

So nobody has replaced window weather stripping on a 72-74 with fixed rear quarter windows?

I'm guessing that your talking about the roof rail seals.
The fixed quarter glass is held in by two bolts behind the side panel. Easy to remove.

Sounds and looks like a ’73 or ’74 is the application with fixed rear quarter windows? Replacing the window felts maybe? As mentioned, this glass is bolted in from behind as I recall, it has been a few years since seeing one.

Related old thread here; 1973 road runner quarter glass

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the fix glass mount on the right. This one is a 71-2 Satellite. 73-4 is similar.

Glass 71 Sat qrt.jpg

I'm guessing that your talking about the roof rail seals.
The fixed quarter glass is held in by two bolts behind the side panel. Easy to remove.

Sounds and looks like a ’73 or ’74 is the application with fixed rear quarter windows? Replacing the window felts maybe? As mentioned, this glass is bolted in from behind as I recall, it has been a few years since seeing one.
Here is a pic of the fix glass mount on the right. This one is a 71-2 Satellite. 73-4 is similar.
Thanks. Especially the pic. That’s what I was looking for.

Auto Transport Service
Back