• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Easy Way to Identify 70 Charger Fender

rklewis1005

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
A stupid question for many folks here, but is there a tried and true method to identify 70 Charger fenders from 68-69 fenders? I've found a used pair and plan to travel a few hours to see/purchase them this weekend. Is there an easy way to be sure they are 70s? I know there are differences in marker light location and brackets for mounting grill/bumper/etc. Is there a litmus test so I don't buy 68-69 Fenders by mistake or bait/switch (pictures vs reality)?

TIA

The '70 fenders would be made to accept loop bumper, so I imagine they would be pretty blunt on the front. The '69's would have provision for inset grill. Side marker lights are different shape; '69 is rectangular, '70 is closer to wheel well and is angled. Looks like '69 fender has relief for front bumper. I hope this helps.

P9240180.JPG

P9240184.JPG

That helps - I took a pic of the distance of the marker from the wheel well. Looking at those pictures and the AMD shots of the 68-69 fenders (inside brackets) I got it.

Thanks again

That helps - I took a pic of the distance of the marker from the wheel well. Looking at those pictures and the AMD shots of the 68-69 fenders (inside brackets) I got it.

Thanks again
this pic says it all
1720564962723.jpeg

'68 = round marker light/finished exposed flush front edge
'69 = rectangular marker light/finished exposed flush front edge
'70 = rectangular marker light/inset pinch-welded hidden front edge

Auto Transport Service
Back