• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock CH4B

Kinda surprised to see it bid up that high let alone someone else with a BIN prices of 300.....and are they rare? They pop up pretty often.....

150 ish in good condition ......... they pop up on ebay often........ paid 125 plus shipping for mine a year or so ago

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with Eldubb. I think I paid $150 a couple of years ago for the one that's on my car now. $200 tops if it's absolutely pristine. They aren't real rare. Make sure the carb stud holes are good, a lot of them have been stripped or broken like this one and later repaired.
Edelbrock CH4B 007.jpg

Agree with Eldubb. I think I paid $150 a couple of years ago for the one that's on my car now. $200 tops if it's absolutely pristine. They aren't real rare. Make sure the carb stud holes are good, a lot of them have been stripped or broken like this one and later repaired.
View attachment 265856
i bought one awhile back with a "thread repair". not as bad as yours but the repaired hole is unusable. i wouldn't give over $150 for a good one (minus the thread repairs).

It's a good manifold and since they are vintage, and not reproduced, prices are nuts. I'd pay $150.00 for a nice one but $300.00 they can keep it.

One thing you must be aware of with those: The exhaust heat crossover tends to get eroded by exhaust gas. Look for holes or weld repairs. Nothing wrong with a good repair - just watch for junk.

I won the Ebay auction for $200. According to the seller, he's had it a long time. Judging by the photos, this manifold looks practically new.

I would have gladly paid 200 for mine, luckily I was the only bidder at the time

From what I read on the Performer (non RPM) the CH4B is a better intake. So, I was willing to pay up to $200 used for the CH4B since the Performer are $235 new.

Tony's Parts has an Eddy Performer. Not a CH4B. BTW, The one on Ebay sold for $185 plus $23 shipping.

tonys.jpg

Thanks.

I guess their search engine is a little different than what I'm used to.

I did a google search comparing Mopar M1 to CH4B and the page I linked above showed up.
Maybe just shoot them an email and see if they do indeed have one?

One thing you must be aware of with those: The exhaust heat crossover tends to get eroded by exhaust gas. Look for holes or weld repairs. Nothing wrong with a good repair - just watch for junk.

Exactly! Here's a CH4B I pulled off a friends 440 Trailduster that ran just fine. I was told it had been "properly" repaired previously.......................

CH4B3.gif

It don't look like erosion with bore scope so I'm thinking it's been continually overheated.

i imagine production on the ch4b ceased in the '70's. a lot of years for constant abuse and poor maintenance.

Auto Transport Service
Back