• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric motor conversion for go cart...??

64SF

Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with converting a go cart from a gas powered engine to an electric power motor. This is a grandfather/grandson project. The cart is not the typical yard cart more like an off the road cart. The original engine was 250 CC...goggle searched and there are a lot of videos out there as well as motor/controller and other parts. Battery options are endless and can be very pricey. If anyone has experience in this I sure could use some guidance. Oh...he's 12 years old and has shown an interest in mechanical things and the idea for the electric conversion was his. Who knows he may be a future Tesla :).

Check out austiwawa on YouTube. He has done a lot of electric go kart type projects. Some is pretty advanced stuff, but he covers all aspects of the builds.

sounds like a fun project!

69B5EBA4-5FD7-4FF1-AB2C-739112576128.jpeg
Check out austiwawa on YouTube. He has done a lot of electric go kart type projects. Some is pretty advanced stuff, but he covers all aspects of the builds.

sounds like a fun project!

Thank you! Here’s the beginning of the tear down....resembles a sprint car. Bought it for $75.00 off of Facebook marketplace.

cool that he's into carts & mechanical things
I hope he enjoys the time & build with dad

good luck with the project, keep us posted

I'm not of much help
all my stuff ran/runs on dino-fuel/gas/diesel or methanol etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back