• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine swap mounts

hotrod Al

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
I'm wanting to swap out my slant 6 in my 72 Coronet for a B/RB without messing with my k-member. So far the only kits i've found are for A-body. Does anyone know who makes them for a slant 6 B-body? Will an A-body kit work if I use the brackets and swap in B-body rubber mounts if it comes to that?

Thanks 69Bee. I did check out their website but they didn't have a slant 6 kit listed for the B-body. I saw one a while back but can't remember for the life of me who had it. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I want to try and have my ducks in a row by spring.

I was under the impression that the 70s era B Bodies used the same K member on all the engine choices. Then you just used the proper motor mount for your engine in that model. Maybe some one can shed some light on this.

Garys1969RR is correct is long is you use correct 66-72 mounting brackets for the engine used A, B & RB blocks will fit into your slant 6 location.

- - - Updated - - -

Garys1969RR is correct. Use the correct 66-72 mounts for engine A, B or RB will fit in place of your slant 6.

There is clearly a difference between the 6 and the 8 k-member. It's the pass side mount pad that is the problem here. This is why I need a swap mount kit. You can see the difference on the right side of each k-member.
0924141034-00.jpg0924141034-01.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back