• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Hi members,
Maybe I can find some useful tips here- first things first: Soon I‘ll get my car registered. I was at a shop couple weeks ago and they told me one of my two main problems are the too noisy exhaust. Here in my country it’s allowed to have 98 decibels at 2-3000 rpm, I need to lower it atleast 10 decibels to get it legal. Looks like I have Flowmasters. Which exhaust pots are the most quiet? Or do anyone know random cheap silencers from other car brands I can weld on that fit for a B-Body? Diameter is 2,5“. I‘ll rip them off afterwards anyway. Just for registration.

Thank you

Here is a chart that shows the decibel ratings for the popular brands out there.
The decibel ratings are the last 3 columns on the right.
6604983-MufflerComparisionChart.jpg

Hi members,
Maybe I can find some useful tips here- first things first: Soon I‘ll get my car registered. I was at a shop couple weeks ago and they told me one of my two main problems are the too noisy exhaust. Here in my country it’s allowed to have 98 decibels at 2-3000 rpm, I need to lower it atleast 10 decibels to get it legal. Looks like I have Flowmasters. Which exhaust pots are the most quiet? Or do anyone know random cheap silencers from other car brands I can weld on that fit for a B-Body? Diameter is 2,5“. I‘ll rip them off afterwards anyway. Just for registration.

Thank you
Bassani...which often times
is overlooked. 440 with
headers and no crossover.

I have a set on my coyote
powered (dare I say it here)
Mustang also. Deep, rich,
sound, but comes alive
when you stand on it.

Last edited:
I have Dynomax super turbo. Sound great!

Auto Transport Service
Back