• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

expansion valve plumbing

Ray70Chrg

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the process of fitting the txv to the original suction tube which attaches to the evaporator. As you can see in the picture the lower copper rod, temperature monitor, will be cut to length and inserted into the
small tube. The pressure monitor tube will be screwed onto the threaded connection. My question is: Can the pressure monitor tube be run along the suction tube with the temperature monitor line or should it run separately. I intend to use some insulating material to wrap around the length of the suction tube after I get the compressor cycle switch line situated there also. Thanks

CIMG1633.JPG

I'm in the process of fitting the txv to the original suction tube which attaches to the evaporator. As you can see in the picture the lower copper rod, temperature monitor, will be cut to length and inserted into the
small tube. The pressure monitor tube will be screwed onto the threaded connection. My question is: Can the pressure monitor tube be run along the suction tube with the temperature monitor line or should it run separately. I intend to use some insulating material to wrap around the length of the suction tube after I get the compressor cycle switch line situated there also. Thanks

View attachment 1711149
Run seperately....they provide different functions......insulate all when installed.....
BOB RENTON

You do not cut the tube on the temp probe. It is to stay sealed. It just slides in the well on the suction line. If you cut it, the valve will not work.

View attachment 1711149
As 66chargerpat said, it is charged with a gas, if you cut it open, it's junk.

Run seperately....they provide different functions......insulate all when installed.....
BOB RENTON
Bob, thanks for replying, does the temperature lead from the cycle switch also monitor the suction tube? Also, if You don't mind, how do You manage all this material in that space. I've never seen a picture of that area when everything is installed.

Thanks Ray

Bob, thanks for replying, does the temperature lead from the cycle switch also monitor the suction tube? Also, if You don't mind, how do You manage all this material in that space. I've never seen a picture of that area when everything is installed.

Thanks Ray
PM me and I'll try and explain......
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back