• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

extracting a brass tube from my power generator carb

sam dupont

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
The brass main nozzle is stuck. I ran the body in my ultrasonic cleaner for 3 hours, no luck. It's #9 in the photo and has an orifice that is .063 inch diameter. A 1/16th tap? It's sunk in about one inch. I was thinking of using a tap, but that's a last ditch tactic. Any better ideas?
Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 8.04.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 9.04.06 AM.png

Haha, "power generator carb". I thought it was some custom carburetor on a 440.

Are you trying to unplug the jet? Appears to be #21

Put the largest diameter drill bit that will fit into the tube (to not crush the tube) as far as you can and use Vice Grips (with a ton of pressure!) to twist the tube out.
Most all the brass wells in carbs are pressed in.
Mike

for some reason, they have that tube (like the carb, no longer available) in between the Main Jet and the mixture screw. It is recessed from the Jet, which has an orifice the diameter of a paper staple. The tube has an o-ring and I want to replace all of the o-rings, carb and tank, while I have it apart. I don't think I will have to tap the tube. I'm hoping the tap will bind and the tube will spin.

Mike: I watched a video and in it, the tube popped out with a little tapping. This carb had some very stubborn grime inside. What is funny is, it started on the first pull and the next few times I started it. Then I added sea foam and it didn't start at all.

I would sacrifice one these, but it is too large of shaft diameter. Would Snap-On have a suitable pick?

Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 11.04.38 AM.png

Look through the ventury and see if it sticks up about an 1/8/of an inch, you maybe able to push it down through there instead of sticking something in it to pull it out.

As velocityss says. Most of the ones I have worked on extend into the venturi and can be pushed out. For new you can look up carb or engine on fleebay and get a china copy. I got one for a zero turn with a 27hp kawasaki and works fine. I know it's a flip of the coin if any good but for $40 what did I have to lose.

The tube should be sticking up inside the carb. Never seen one that has not.

If it is not the screw in type (most likely not), Use a large flat tip screwdriver inside of the carb to just press down evenly and push it out. It needs to be pressed out. They are sometimes very tough to press out out. Ensure you are pressing down flat on the tube as to not damage the end of the tube. If the tube is damaged it affects the atomization of fuel from the nozzle.

There are probably 8 or 16 tiny holes that need to be cleaned on that tube.

Hooray, gotta love FBBBBO (For B Body Big Brains Only)
Nobody on the Internet said that tube extended into the Venturi. I had the confidence to push harder when it resisted. It finally popped, after working it and back and forth. It was fairly clean in spite of being partially sealed. It and the carb body are back in the ultrasonic cleaner.

Thank you everyone for reading this and answering when you could. It's a EM600 Honda. I bought it because: 1. it was selling cheap, and 2. it is the size of a 12 pack. It only makes 4 amps, so it's barely useful, but it is what it is.

I always manged to poke those out from the top with a screwdriver blade or something similar. Its probably only stuck 'cause the jet was overtightened and now its jammed at the top.

The brass main nozzle is stuck. I ran the body in my ultrasonic cleaner for 3 hours, no luck. It's #9 in the photo and has an orifice that is .063 inch diameter. A 1/16th tap? It's sunk in about one inch. I was thinking of using a tap, but that's a last ditch tactic. Any better ideas?
View attachment 1707547

View attachment 1707549
Your #9 component is called the MAIN NOZZLE....and it SCREWS into the carb body,. #21 is the main metering jet. REMOVE main jet first then access the main nozzle by unscrewing it from the body. The main nozzle has emulsion bleed holes in its body which can become clogged. Carb looks like its from a Generic power washer pump.....just my opinion of course.....
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back