• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Famous HS Classmate of mine won’t be down

XS22J8R

Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Eric Gilliland was in my High School class. I never knew him, knew of him though. He was active in all the school plays and talent shows of course. I remember seeing his name in the credits of the Roseanne show and wondered if it was my high school classmate. It was, and he also produced a number of other shows I liked in the late 80s and 90s.
Steve Levitan was in our class too, as mentioned in this article. I don’t remember his name at all from high school. I’m sure he wouldn’t remember mine either!
Ryan Reynolds, others tribute 'Roseanne' producer Eric Gilliland: 'It’s a tragedy more people won’t have the chance to know him'

Yep, I had a similar situation in 2013. He was a close friend though.

Sherman Brooks Halsey[2] (February 22, 1957 – October 29, 2013) was an American music video and television director, producer, and artist manager. Sherman Halsey produced and directed hundreds of television shows and music videos for artists such as Tim McGraw, Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, B. B. King, Michael Bolton and Dwight Yoakam.

Only famous deceased classmate of mine from HS was Jaco Pastorious. I actually was on the committee in HS that hired his band to play at one of our HS dances.
We knew he was very talented even back then.
His passing was a sad affair.

I went to a couple of schools with celebrities. Two that I can think of who passed are Gary Coleman from Diff’rent Strokes and Grant Imahara from MythBusters. Grant’s was upsetting even tho there was no relationship, just it came out of nowhere.
My big memory was expecting to do well in the science fair and it was like he brought a gun to a knife fight.

Auto Transport Service
Back