• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender/door Molding Clips

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Sending pictures of what I found. These were on the car since the 80’s at least, maybe longer.
They had backing behind the clips and and held the trim very well. I took them off a little while ago. Used the original bolts on the ends. I will take them out, put them on some other trim and use factory original.
These are fender mouldings. Last picture shows some polishing I did.

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg

Those are the clips for the SS moulding on the inside top that hold the door and quarter panels in place.

Those are the clips for the SS moulding on the inside top that hold the door and quarter panels in place.
I am sure you are correct. But they worked very well. On the fender and door mldgs.
If someone can’t get any repo of originals, they can take the trim and go to a supplier and test fit them.
Sometimes one has to think outside the box.
Trying to helpfully aid someone.

Last edited:
Have you tried them? I've yet to see some that worked well. The metal trim butterfly clips also work not bad
No I have not, but they are the closest I have seen that match up to originals. However, I know of a couple of guys that have and they liked them.

Auto Transport Service
Back