• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Support Braces 71-74 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie340

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of fender support braces for a 72 charger (braces that bolt to the inner fenders and center of the firewall). I believe these were the same for 1971 thru 1974 but I could be wrong. Looking for a set in good condition. Thanks.

I have a pair somewhere, have to look around. What are they worth to you? I'm in PA

Oh I don't know, fifty for the pair shipped? I'm in Syracuse.

73/74 are about an inch longer. You just need to drill a separate hole for a new fender bolt. Chances are good that more 73/4 braces will be available than 72s because of production numbers.

Than 72s......... :angry1:

34" from firewall bolt to (new) fender bolt. 72 would be 32+" and line up with the existing fender bolt.

Heres some 73/4's I set next to my 72's

Attachments

• DCP_0011.jpg
    DCP_0011.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DCP_0012.jpg
    DCP_0012.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 217
Thanks for the great info! It's one of those parts I didn't really think about till I got my '72 and noticed they were missing. It's for a '72 rallye 340 so I really don't want to drill any additional holes. I recognize the longer rods as like the ones that were on my '73 SE back in the day. Montclair, if you have the correct rods that would be great. I'll wait to hear back from you.

I'm thinking they have to be 72s, the one has that little bend on the pass side. Also one side is shorter than the other, the longer is around 32, I'll post some pics in a bit.

Ok, the short one is 31 1/4", the longer one is 33" even. As you can see from the photo, the one bar has the bent shape, where as the 73/74 bars look straight as an arrow.

Photo319.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back