• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FI Tech not mine 4 sale

I wonder what this sentence actually means???
someone gave up,
or bailed on it, got out of their realm
of points & carbs technology
pissed away $2,000 & all the labor costs
"paying that tuner guy"

"for the most advanced system on the planet"

& now he's now trying to recoup $1,000

but it will be a bargain "probably"
for someone/the next guy that knows what they are doing

We have a 39 chevy sedan in our shop now for body and paint. The guy that was building the car passed away at 67 ( heart attack) . Anyway he had installed FI tech system on the 4.3 V6 in the car, external fuel pump & new tank.
It is for sure a lower HP system but dang it does work great. It was sitting for a few weeks in unheated storage , open the door hit the key and it fired up and idled like a summer day.
No warm up, pop it in reverse and backed it out.
Try that a 10 degrees with our carbs lol.
It has been fired and shut off a dozen times moving around our shop, never has loaded up ect. Pretty impressive.

Have Mean Street 800 on my 496. Works great. Couple initial adjustments n all good. I still don't know what all these guys keep tuning. I guess they're "racers" trying to get every last little pony out of it.

Yeah, they learn how to not work

I don't know about that, mines been pretty darn good after I got it sorted out... Starts immediately even after sitting for months, runs great..... With various carbs it was always a problem to get it started after sitting a few days...

A buddy has two 'Cudas - a '71 318 car with a built 360, and a '70 ragtop with a brutal 528 inch Ray Barton HEMI. Has the FITech on both. The very first six-pac setup from FI |Tech is on the small-block, and the two four-barrel FI setup is on the HEMI. Both cars have immense drivability improvements over the carb, without a doubt.

If I had a grand laying around I'd jump on that deal.

The key is using a SINGLE-plane intake for any FI conversion. Keep that in mind.

It's not about FI, its that FiTech makes a crappy product. I know from experience (and Yes, I followed the install instructions). For five years I struggled with their system: after two years the electric fuel pump in the Fuel Command Center gave up the ghost; next year the ECM in the throttle body died. FiTech shipped me a new Ver 2.0 for no charge (either great customer service or they knew that their Gen I TB was a pos). Lastly the handheld died and that was it. All along I was fighting warm start issues, carrying a can of starter fluid in my trunk. Went back to an Eddy AVS carb and all is right with the world.
FI might be worthwhile on a daily driver, but on a warm-weather only cruiser that sees 1,000 miles or less a year it's not worth it. Besides the cost of the FI, the entire fuel delivery system has to be upgraded, and the charging and ignition system too depending upon the condition.
If you're an owner that only starts their car up every 2 - 3 months and wants to go FI because the engine will fire up on the first crank vs taking 30 seconds, that's not a good investment.

Auto Transport Service
Back