• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First muscle car=Savoy!!!! Whooda thunk it!!!

Mark Savoy

Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
New member…my dad and I recently purchased a 1962 Plymouth Savoy. Pics below, we are excited to find out its history. I have been trying to decode the fender tag and can’t quite get all of it, so I thought I’d ask you guys out there. All help is greatly appreciated. We know that the color, motor, and some other things are not original, but we kind of like it that way. We want to drive this car and have fun in it so a “tribute” / non-historical or rare car is good for us! My Dad had a 1965 Fury back when he was young and then had kids….enough said….now he has a really cool street car from that same era again and is happier than a pig in…well you know. More to come as we become acquainted with the old girl and have some adventures!!! There’s already one to tell about later….

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

New member…my dad and I recently purchased a 1962 Plymouth Savoy. Pics below, we are excited to find out its history. I have been trying to decode the fender tag and can’t quite get all of it, so I thought I’d ask you guys out there. All help is greatly appreciated. We know that the color, motor, and some other things are not original, but we kind of like it that way. We want to drive this car and have fun in it so a “tribute” / non-historical or rare car is good for us! My Dad had a 1965 Fury back when he was young and then had kids….enough said….now he has a really cool street car from that same era again and is happier than a pig in…well you know. More to come as we become acquainted with the old girl and have some adventures!!! There’s already one to tell about later….

View attachment 1705085

View attachment 1705086

View attachment 1705087

View attachment 1705088

View attachment 1705089
Welcome to the family of '62s! :) That's a beauty

Oh yeah! That will get it done. Congratulations and . . .

Welcome (3)f.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses and compliments!!! Hopefully someone can help with that fender tag sometime soon. I am finding out that these early 60’s mopars have quite the following

Welcome from NY.

I see it came with NY stickers.

A lot of people credit the 64 GTO for being the first muscle car but they apparently don't remember Ernie Derr and Raymo Stott ruling the dirt tracks with their stock 62 413's akin to this one, when the GTO was still in the design stages.
Us old timers remember them well. Congrats on your new acquisition.

Welcome Mark! Love me a '62 :thumbsup:

I see your pictures are from Carlisle. Were you showing it there or is it where it was purchased?

We'll need the first four numbers in your vin to help with the tag decoding. (Found on the driver's side door pillar)

Nice Plymouth

welcome to FBBO

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Mark. That is a great looking '62 Savoy! Those '62 B-bodies are an acquired taste. My first Dodge was a '62 Dart ex-police cruiser I bought in 1967 for $500. A buddy of mine bought a really well done '62 Dart Max Wedge clone a couple of years ago, to replace a '67 Belvedere II he sold. He has told me, if I had not gone with him to look at it, he likely would not have bought it. He was not taken with the looks of it, but it has now grown on him, and he enjoys it.

I saw this car at Carlisle it was a real standout, good luck with it and have fun.

Welcome Mark! Love me a '62 :thumbsup:

I see your pictures are from Carlisle. Were you showing it there or is it where it was purchased?

We'll need the first four numbers in your vin to help with the tag decoding. (Found on the driver's side door pillar)
The car was at Carlisle!!! That’s where we bought it….just the beginning of the story I guess!?? My dad and I spent the whole weekend there lookin at everything we could

Auto Transport Service
Back