• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fix-A-Flat Product

Fix-a-flat..lol. That crap's saved me numerous times over the years. Just be sure to get the tire as de-flated as possible, otherwise you may not get enough sealant in there. Those cans don't have a lot of pressure and what they do have doesn't last long.

I’ve still not moved on spare tire options; but have new rubber on the truck. I came up with the idea to use one of my original wheels (16”) that was on the truck and get a higher profile tire matching the OD. I’ve found a tire that would match.

What a mind-eff reading up on the issues with tire sizing – the need for an ‘exact’ same diameter or possible drive chain ruination. The stories about needing to replace ALL tires if one gets ruined – and – even the spare tire, if it happens to be never used and using it as – well, as a spare when the rubber on the ride has 25-35k miles on them. The difference of a few 32nd’s tread wear – ahh, supposed to rotate the spare, as a few posters on various forums I checked advised on various posts, huh?

Sifting through my owner’s manual, there’s nothing about rotating the spare, other than mention of all tires need to be the same size.

Chatting with my brother (retired state trooper) and my nephew, county sheriff driving an AWD Charger for the past few years, the shop does NOT change all the tires if one gets damaged beyond repair. They put on a new tire and go. Budgets don’t include replacing FOUR tires on a squad every time one is skanked. As the story has gone so far, no issues..

Auto Transport Service
Back