• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this in dash - what is it?

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Took my ‘69 Bee Ralleye dash panel out and found this, what is it? The knob, half flat piece, turns, but looking at the FSM, I can’t figure what this is.

D21A8170-235A-49A2-AE40-9F9718B7F7DA.jpeg

08DA49DB-CF7D-42C6-B3B6-73E03CC15F42.jpeg

9973875B-8F3B-482F-928B-7AD745802411.jpeg

Last edited:
Could it be a fader between the front and rear speaker? This was an option for our old Mopars.

That makes sense since the green wire looks hooked to the am radio.

Could it be a fader between the front and rear speaker? This was an option for our old Mopars.

Black and green wiring in a Mopar dash are speaker wires.

It is the fader. Have one on my 70 charger. There should be a hole in the bottom lip of the dash that it pushes down through and then there’s a nut that goes over it to hold it in place. You just reach down under the dash lip to the right of the steering wheel and adjust.

My Bee only has the AM radio with no rear speakers so not too worried. But I’ll leave it in there to remind me it had a fader if I ever decide to fully restore the car.

One of a few things. It had a rear speaker at one time, or the dash harness isn't originally from your car. Also you don't have to have a optional radio to have the rear speaker option.

Auto Transport Service
Back