• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freshly painted 64 gunmetal grey matte

lxmodguy

Gen3 Hemi Guru
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
Just finished today. It probably won't be some folks cup of tea but I figured out would share. Huge props to Hemi 5.7 for the grill work.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 713
  • photo_002.jpg
    photo_002.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 584
  • photo_003.jpg
    photo_003.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 652
  • photo_004.jpg
    photo_004.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 592
Very cool. Completely changes the look of the front end - those curves somehow look kinda sinister.

Gosh darn it, where at the c rings!??!.? It looks bad ***!! Now ya just need a sticker ha says " I'm gonna get mid evil on your ***"!!

Gosh darn it, where at the c rings!??!.? It looks bad ***!! Now ya just need a sticker ha says " I'm gonna get mid evil on your ***"!!
I'm whooped. I'll do it in the am

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Down a " jolt" and get to it!!

I like the concept, getting ready to do my buddies 68 barracuda in matte black part satin, the only thing we are doing different is keeping the chrome and stainless trim in tact to bring out the flat even more like a high lite.

Flat and matte cars are starting to grow on me for some reason, you car looks great and the grill is sweet for sure.

I'm surprised that this thread doesn't have more comments! Hell, somebody asking about a "butt connector" gets more attention, just saying'!!

I like the idea and I think the car does look sinister.. as a personal choice the car is right between what I would have went for.. I know Gunmetal Grey as being darker than that so I would have the car a little bit darker or a lighter as almost a Matte Silver to offset the awesome looking grill and other dark features.... that's personal choice only as it sits it does look awesome!

That is the second classic Mopar that I have seen with the bumpers painted the same as the body. The other was a blue. I'm kinda liking the look. It kind of brings the old classic to the future (the way cars are done now with little to no chrome). I'm digging the style.

What did it take to prep the bumpers for paint? Did you have to sand blast the chrome off? Info please. It has to be cheaper than rechroming, right??

We made sure the car was clean. I took 500 grit sand paper to the high spots and rock chips in the paint....now it was the original paint and the car was EXCEPTIONALLY straight to begin with. The bumpers got a once over with 500 as well. They had no pitting or anything. I took a razor blade to some old bumper stickers. Overall with masking off the windows tires and grill......maybe an hour. It cost $600 to do the whole car. If you have a nice clean spot to paint or you know a buddy with a booth and you buy your own supplies it could be done for about $300

We made sure the car was clean. I took 500 grit sand paper to the high spots and rock chips in the paint....now it was the original paint and the car was EXCEPTIONALLY straight to begin with. The bumpers got a once over with 500 as well. They had no pitting or anything. I took a razor blade to some old bumper stickers. Overall with masking off the windows tires and grill......maybe an hour. It cost $600 to do the whole car. If you have a nice clean spot to paint or you know a buddy with a booth and you buy your own supplies it could be done for about $300

Wow, you just scuffed the bumpers and painted right over the chrome? I didn't know you could do that. Great job, and sweet car.

And I'm guessing you left all the trim pieces in place and painted over them? I thought about leaving the side trim off my Belvedere, and have it painted on instead. Don't really know just yet the way I want to go, but you gave me some great options.

Auto Transport Service
Back