• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Sender in 1970 B Body 440-6

RoadRunner1970

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever found a fuel sender that is accurate? I have tried several and they are all off about a quarter tank. The new one looks like the old one but something is off......do you have to make any adjustments on the float? thanks

375F498D-09F7-4DCC-9AA8-423837D7DE43.jpeg

F36858CC-1F05-4E11-88D6-878D2ADA6360.jpeg

If you have the answer then it has probably been done so here is my take...That old unit is easy to restore by cleaning it thoroughly, and replacing the float and filter...both readily available...then finally running a dry ops check by plugging the Pig Tail to the sender and see if the gauge will move via battery only. The other check and fix is a new Pig Tail, also available...Those new units all seem to be off by a quarter of a tank and no tweaking or jiggling will get it to register correctly...Just my take on this is all...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

If you have the answer then it has probably been done so here is my take...That old unit is easy to restore by cleaning it thoroughly, and replacing the float and filter...both readily available...then finally running a dry ops check by plugging the Pig Tail to the sender and see if the gauge will move via battery only. The other check and fix is a new Pig Tail, also available...Those new units all seem to be off by a quarter of a tank and no tweaking or jiggling will get it to register correctly...Just my take on this is all...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
Thanks Bill, I might have to try that.........I was wondering if this one would be any more accurate?

I have an old original fuel sender but it is for a 68-70 b body without the six pack setup

CCAA1C54-EE28-4AE0-97B0-013DE1E9C765.jpeg

2F93C822-1AC0-4EDA-8C04-A2F33A2AD954.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back