• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuse box screw 67 440 wagon

cherokeechief79

Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
my fusebox is hanging by the wires under the dash.the screw to hold it up is missing.
can i buy this locally?
is it a certain thread size or is it a sheetmetal screw?

It’s a pretty good sized one but you should be able to find one at a hardware store.

Not a sheet metal screw. But one would work, the threads aren't as deep as a sheet metal screw. And it already turns in most of the way with resistance.

B38DFB17-23C1-40F3-905C-9BC4A3453669.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
No, it’s not a sheet metal screw but I’m not sure exactly what type of screw it officially is, other than a pretty good sized one.

im really confused now.i thought the bolt would be long and go through the plastic and screw into sheetmetal under the dash.
is there a hole under the dash that the screw goes through first?
im sure its obvious but i cant get to the car for a while and want to be prepared when i do.
thanks for taking the time to post the pix! very helpfull

That’s correct. The ground wire isn't OEM and might ground better if switched to a bolt or screw that is threaded into the metal dash structure.

Auto Transport Service
Back