• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge calibration

Jcg

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Any one know of a good place to get my 66 coronet dash gauges calibrated. They all work, they just don't work well. Fuel works but doesnt read right. I put a new sending unit in and it still reads off. Temp gauge reads it just sticks. OD, will not rotate. Lights all work, voltage works, speedo works. I would like to get them cleaned up and calibrated, maybe the pointers painted. Anyone know. I'm not looking for a resto, just good working stuff.

You can try APT Instruments in MN. I think the site is thegaugeguys.com.

Just in reference to this topic I read about the inconsistent nature/accuracy of the old School electrics and saw this article .Also how to change the electro mechanical regulator( Which is USUALLY the culprit! ),with modern alternative .

http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/electrical2.html

Last edited:
Any one know of a good place to get my 66 coronet dash gauges calibrated. They all work, they just don't work well. Fuel works but doesnt read right. I put a new sending unit in and it still reads off. Temp gauge reads it just sticks. OD, will not rotate. Lights all work, voltage works, speedo works. I would like to get them cleaned up and calibrated, maybe the pointers painted. Anyone know. I'm not looking for a resto, just good working stuff.
You can calibrate them yourself if you have the time and interest. It's a matter of adjusting the current to the proper value for the correct readings, and there is basically no cost involved ($ 1 or 2 for some simple resistors).
Basically, a resistor in parallell with the sender will increase the current (and the reading), and a resistor in series with the sender will decrease the current and decrease the reading. Of course, first you should make sure you have an electronic 5V regulator instead of the crude original electro-mechanical device.
Ohm's law helps you to calculate the proper resistor values.

Auto Transport Service
Back