• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G'day from an upside down Satellite?

Thunderspeed

Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
G'day folks!

I was told I had to do this as a new member so here goes ... after nearly half a century ( that's a pretty long time ) - I managed to find myself in the position to be able to purchase a Satellite! Not the kind that got slung from a rocket up into orbit but something much cooler, much sleeker, noisier, oilier and smelly! It rumbles and growls too when you lean on the skinny pedal. It has been a very long time coming - 30 years since the wheel of fortune swung back my way. 30 years ago I had to give away a 1950's FJ Holden that I owned due to circumstances beyond my control ... I was living out of state to my parents property where the car was stored. One day I received a call that the property was sold and I had to do something about moving the car if I wanted to keep it. Sadly I was not in a position financially or otherwise to rescue the vehicle and was left in the position of giving it away to an old friend. That was a pretty heartbreaking event and for 30 years I've been kicking myself about having to let that Car go ... until recently when fortune smiled.

I happened to see a 1967 Plymouth Satellite in Metallic Blue and decided it was time to make up for past losses ... after a bit of telephone tennis and over a month of horse trading we took the 8 hour round road trip to see the Satellite in the flesh. It was exactly what I had been hoping for and then some ... the 4 hour drive home was my first chance to get to know and bond with the car! I should have filmed it because it was classic road trip stuff - in the rain and with storms pending and then clearing nearer home ... thankfully without any issues or breaking down. So now I have it home ... a 1967 Plymouth Satellite ... that my daughter deciced to call "Thunderspeed" as she watched it from behind, in the second convoy car. I couldn't have come up with a better name if I tried.

In closing, this Satellite used to be right side up when it came out of the California Plant in May 67 ... and is now an upside down Satellite on the other side of the World ... Satellite's doing what Satellites do I reckon!

Cheers! ( And now I need advice on gaskets and parts! ;-) )

Image56.jpg

Image60.jpg

Image59.jpg

Nice car - welcome to the madness. Another Queenslander?
What engine/transmission?

G'day folks!

I was told I had to do this as a new member so here goes ... after nearly half a century ( that's a pretty long time ) - I managed to find myself in the position to be able to purchase a Satellite! Not the kind that got slung from a rocket up into orbit but something much cooler, much sleeker, noisier, oilier and smelly! It rumbles and growls too when you lean on the skinny pedal. It has been a very long time coming - 30 years since the wheel of fortune swung back my way. 30 years ago I had to give away a 1950's FJ Holden that I owned due to circumstances beyond my control ... I was living out of state to my parents property where the car was stored. One day I received a call that the property was sold and I had to do something about moving the car if I wanted to keep it. Sadly I was not in a position financially or otherwise to rescue the vehicle and was left in the position of giving it away to an old friend. That was a pretty heartbreaking event and for 30 years I've been kicking myself about having to let that Car go ... until recently when fortune smiled.

I happened to see a 1967 Plymouth Satellite in Metallic Blue and decided it was time to make up for past losses ... after a bit of telephone tennis and over a month of horse trading we took the 8 hour round road trip to see the Satellite in the flesh. It was exactly what I had been hoping for and then some ... the 4 hour drive home was my first chance to get to know and bond with the car! I should have filmed it because it was classic road trip stuff - in the rain and with storms pending and then clearing nearer home ... thankfully without any issues or breaking down. So now I have it home ... a 1967 Plymouth Satellite ... that my daughter deciced to call "Thunderspeed" as she watched it from behind, in the second convoy car. I couldn't have come up with a better name if I tried.

In closing, this Satellite used to be right side up when it came out of the California Plant in May 67 ... and is now an upside down Satellite on the other side of the World ... Satellite's doing what Satellites do I reckon!

Cheers! ( And now I need advice on gaskets and parts! ;-) )

View attachment 1741373

View attachment 1741374

View attachment 1741375
Welcome from the states,
IMG_4630.gif
IMG_4629.gif
IMG_4626.gif
IMG_4624.gif
IMG_4620.gif
IMG_4619.gif
IMG_4617.gif
IMG_4621.gif
IMG_4614.gif
IMG_4599.gif

Nice car - welcome to the madness. Another Queenslander?
What engine/transmission?

Yeah mate, Qlder ... full Pineapple not an import. Car came as Factory 318 with 727 Torqueflight - it now has a worked 360 V8, 904 box with 727 internals. 9" rear, Trutrac LSD = oversized prop shaft. Manualised Auto on the column - W2 heads to Hooker extractors and X pipe - 2500 Stall, Weiland square bore single plane intake, Holley 780 Secondary Vac Carb, Cam ... roller rockers, Wilwood front Disc and F100 rear drums. High comp tuned motor at about 11 and half to 1. It's got over 400 at the rear wheel last time on dyno and lot's of other bits and bobs like front sway bar etc.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario in the King's Colony of Canada. LOL. Nice '67 Satellite in a great colour. I have a '67 Coronet R/T. Thanks for your pictures.

Auto Transport Service
Back