• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got it done

Tex013

Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
Big 3 days racing just done .
National Drag Racing Championship double header . Penultimate event of conference .
Friday weather was spot on early winter clear skys and cool . Friday was sportsman only with grp1 running Saturday/Sunday
2 qualifiers then 6 rounds of racing with 34 cars , no points till 4th last round .
I was leading the conference going in and my goal was to reach maximum points , 300 ' before headung to the conference finals @ the Winters in 3 weeks .
Car was running fine and i was hitting the tree solidly . I race no box and footbrake .
Got through first 2 rounds and was into the points . This was my lucky round , worst light of the day but Richard M spun leaving me the win and bye into semi . By now track was going cold . Semi I turned but i think Craig W was looking at the crowd cause my 0.004 crushed his .296 . Into the final I was thinking that .004 was too tight I wanted a .030/.040 .
Well I left and turned again . But ran it hard , chased down Robbie . It felt like watching he stopped after 1000 so went past hard on brakes . Checked my slip 0.001 light ! Oh man too tight .
So took the win . Got the gold christmas tree I wanted , our Wally . Maxed out points and waiting on points tally may be uncatchable for the conference .
Now as I said it was a dbl header . So Saturday rolls round with a real cold change and we ended the day with 1 new qualifier only . Leaving me @ #8 . Sunday 8.00am first rnd cold but at least sunny again .Mark E goes red i run it out for a 10.309 . Round 2 its now after 3.30 . Leave and spin . Done . Only good from my end was before my class could run again there was a late pro mod crash and by the time it was cleared the track was too cold and event called .
Mission accomplished for me .

Tex

Messenger_creation_9e9e5788-9342-4c5b-8af5-36116113197b.jpeg

20240520_074153.jpg

I replaced my generic chrome air cleaner with a more period correct unsilence. The wing nut was a little tight. But got it off and replaced unit.

Time for a well earned nap!

20240518_202630.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, Sometimes you need those .001 wins to get it done.
Doug

Congrats, Sometimes you need those .001 wins to get it done.
Doug
Doug looking back on the slip later in weekend I realised how lucky the 1/4 was . Not only that Richard spun on his 0.009 against me but as i tightened it up I only took 0.003 at the stripe . Too tight .
Always feel you need 1 lucky round .
Now to get ready for the Winters on June 6th . A little 11 run .

Tex

Big 3 days racing just done .
National Drag Racing Championship double header . Penultimate event of conference .
Friday weather was spot on early winter clear skys and cool . Friday was sportsman only with grp1 running Saturday/Sunday
2 qualifiers then 6 rounds of racing with 34 cars , no points till 4th last round .
I was leading the conference going in and my goal was to reach maximum points , 300 ' before headung to the conference finals @ the Winters in 3 weeks .
Car was running fine and i was hitting the tree solidly . I race no box and footbrake .
Got through first 2 rounds and was into the points . This was my lucky round , worst light of the day but Richard M spun leaving me the win and bye into semi . By now track was going cold . Semi I turned but i think Craig W was looking at the crowd cause my 0.004 crushed his .296 . Into the final I was thinking that .004 was too tight I wanted a .030/.040 .
Well I left and turned again . But ran it hard , chased down Robbie . It felt like watching he stopped after 1000 so went past hard on brakes . Checked my slip 0.001 light ! Oh man too tight .
So took the win . Got the gold christmas tree I wanted , our Wally . Maxed out points and waiting on points tally may be uncatchable for the conference .
Now as I said it was a dbl header . So Saturday rolls round with a real cold change and we ended the day with 1 new qualifier only . Leaving me @ #8 . Sunday 8.00am first rnd cold but at least sunny again .Mark E goes red i run it out for a 10.309 . Round 2 its now after 3.30 . Leave and spin . Done . Only good from my end was before my class could run again there was a late pro mod crash and by the time it was cleared the track was too cold and event called .
Mission accomplished for me .

Tex

View attachment 1665505

View attachment 1665506
Verry cool thanks for the details/story....
congrats on the getting the gold tree, you earned it for damn sure
great lights by the way
even if not 100% planned, it worked out great :poke:
you did the right thing on track, to secure the wins

Congrats Minions.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back