• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GTX convertible top cylinder

Quintin

Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
Need a cylinder for the top on my 69 GTX convert. Found 2 companies that offer them. Convertible Top Guys and Convertible Cylinders Direct. Anybody have experience with either of these or have any other recommendations?

I generally buy all of my convertible parts from hydro-e-lectric out of Florida.
www.hydroe.com

Hydro-e-lectric Still sells many made in the USA parts. They aren't the cheapest, but the parts are top quality.

Hydro-e doesn't show a cylinder, just hose and pump for a 69. They show one for 68. Not sure if that fits a 69. What about Auto Pro cylinders?

66-70 use the same top assembly

Hydro-e-lectric has excellent tech support. Give them a call.

Get them in pairs also. The ones for my 69 RR even came with a little green guy in the box that changed them for me! I'm exaggerating, he wasn't green. OK, he was brown and he wasn't little. Alright, he was the UPS driver and I blocked him in and made him help me before he left.

changed both cylinders last year. exact replacement. only 'hard' task was refilling the system. filler plug isnt located in the best position/location
any reason,,,,,,, to keep the 1968 originals? i dont think they're rebuildable. shaft seals leak.

Auto Transport Service
Back