• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 91st Birthday "Big Daddy"

65Bel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Donald Glenn Garlits (born January 14, 1932, Tampa, Florida) is an American race car driver and automotive engineer. Considered the father of drag racing, he is known as "Big Daddy" to drag racing fans around the world. A pioneer in the field of drag racing, he perfected the rear-engine Top Fuel dragster, an innovation motivated by the loss of part of his foot in a dragster accident.

0000.jpg

91? Helluva run. A racing legend, and a very nice guy to talk to in person....Happy Birthday Big Daddy!

:bday: :bday:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
:bday::bday:

Happy Birthday to Big Daddy! THE MAN!!

His museum is a must see for any car person - especially Mopar people. When I was there, I kept thinking of how much is in the other buildings that we weren't even seeing. What a pioneer!

EOQQEMcUwAUMG0v.jpg

Happy Birthday.jpg

HBD! Many more. Mopar Hero.

Happy Birthday to Big Daddy! THE MAN!!

His museum is a must see for any car person - especially Mopar people. When I was there, I kept thinking of how much is in the other buildings that we weren't even seeing. What a pioneer!

View attachment 1402341

View attachment 1402342
One year, we drove our One-of-None 1967 Coronet R/T 3-seat wagon to South Georgia to visit family for our Christmas vacation. My son, brother-in-law and myself took a day trip from there to see the Garlits Museum. There was so much incredible stuff to see! Almost like the history of drag racing.

Not sure if he reads the forum, but HBD Don, you are a "class act" sir!

Happy Birthday Big Daddy !

Auto Transport Service
Back