• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anybody ceramic coated?

Car #4

Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had their car ceramic coated and do you think it’s worth the cost? Thinking about doing my Charger. Black paint is hard to keep clean.

My buddy got his 70 Charger done and WoW. Unbelievable gloss.
20240811_101120.jpg

View attachment 1739599
Looks beautiful. But, to answer the OPs question, does your buddy think it's worth the cost? I've heard prices from $700 to $1,500 for ceramic coating.
Yes he thinks it's worth it. You can do your spray detailer on it and not worry about fine scratches etc. Don't have to get it re buffed up all the time

Is the charger base clear . or single stage?

Mine is single stage black. And Ive been told NOT to ceramic coat it

yep, but needs to be a very nice paint job or you'll see everthing you don't want to. previous owner did my cat. I usually just get the bugs on the front wet lightly rinse the rest then blast the bugs off and wipe it down, definitely easier to keep clean
20240307_171105.jpg

You have to get your car perfect before you do it.
But yes it's pretty awesome.

I know two guys who have had the Adams Polisher guy come around and do their cars. They look great when done.

I suspect though that the Ceramic coating is not a Car-Painter's best friend. :rolleyes:

It’s all in the prep. Paint correction as it is called. GTechniq. Running $1600+in these parts. Make maintenance a breeze. St Johns River, Florida

83785030-9C21-4933-8E5D-83E229F1133A.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, if you are shopping around, I am not happy with the Graphene Coating I was talked into. ArtDeShine. Sounds French. Should’ve known. Not as resilient. Eastern Sierra.

0332BD72-39D7-47E6-A114-DCB9DF6E4A2D.jpeg

I had mine done. Full paint correction to my 15 year paint job. Warts and all. But it takes less work to keep clean. Im very happy. See the red fastback reflection in the rear quarter. That's 6ft away. I'm ecstatic about the change

20240406_090033.jpg

I had the old guy done too. Straight Enamel paint in 1989. Plus, patched and minor repairs a bunch of times since then. Cheaper than a paint job. Less stress when parked at Safeway.

3E594D2E-02D8-4BA7-9C81-9F9915DC7501.png

yep, but needs to be a very nice paint job or you'll see everthing you don't want to. previous owner did my cat. I usually just get the bugs on the front wet lightly rinse the rest then blast the bugs off and wipe it down, definitely easier to keep cleanView attachment 1739623
IMO....should have/could have spent the $$$ on landscaping and home rather than on the car.....you don't live in the car.....????
BOB RENTON

IMO....should have/could have spent the $$$ on landscaping and home rather than on the car.....you don't live in the car.....????
BOB RENTON
1842 farm house that is one polished turd, best I could do.:thumbsup: you should have seen it when I started.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has had their car ceramic coated and do you think it’s worth the cost? Thinking about doing my Charger. Black paint is hard to keep clean.
I did my 2014 black ram pick up about 5-6 months ago , looks bright and shiny even when its dirty , till u get close to it .
Just washed my Polaris rs1 and did the shiny plastic on it - looks great , intending on washing my barracuda and doing it too ....all by (forgot brand) that I bought at o`reilies...

I did my wife's Scat Pack with Adam's Graphene. a LOT of work, but looks great. They did a lot of road construction over the summer, fresh asphalt and sealer everywhere
Everything came right off with a regular wash. No tar remover or anything else needed, just foamed it down , and a sudsy wash.

Had my black GTX ceramic coated. Probably the best money have spent on the car. You will definitely not regret it with a black car.
IMG_8966.JPG
IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8967.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back