• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers

1fast72

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm sure this is one of the most talked about threads on this forum but I need headers... Ive got a 72 Roadrunner with 383 in it. I need headers that fit around the power steering and the stock starter. You guys are the experts so tell me... What are the best headers for the best price? My price range is somwhere around $200-$300.

Thanks guys!

I dont thing you can get the great fitting ones with out paying 4-5 hundred bucks I have jet hot coated hooker super comps and they fit great,
The tti's cost even more and are better

P9190064.JPG

On my 70 Road Runner, Hedman Hedders hit the torsion bar. My Hooker Super Comps fit but not with a power steering box. One low-buck solution is to buy cheap headers and a big hammer!

well i put headers on my 73 charger. i bought them off ebay. they were doug thorley headers and they fit fine. wrap the starter tightly so you need a starter insulation blanket. also fit around the rag joint but the head from the headers will burn the rubber on the rag joint. not too sure if 72 columns had them but i know 73 did. your best bet on that would be to replace the column with that one from flaming river. expensive but safe and you will have tighter steering.

Auto Transport Service
Back