• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headrest removal

Bigcountry

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
Is there a secret to removing the headrests from a 68-69 b bodybench seat? Headrest have the typical three notches and they are catching on the last one. I can pickup the entire seat by the headrest with no luck. Headrest was just put on the bench to show a picture of two different rests. Thanks and take care, B.C..

I had one on my Charger that was a bear to get out. This was on a bucket seat, but I am fairly certain it is the same setup as a bench. I had my 240 lb. son stand on the seat and I pulled with all my might. Just about popped a nut, but it eventually came out.

Ive had good luck in just past the second notch yanking up quickly from there. Good Luck..

X2 on that quick yank just past the second notch. They seem to be made to hang on in the highest position and can usually be yanked out with a quick pull up before they are in the last position.

I removed my bucket seat headrests today using the oil down the posts and let soak a few minutes. I pulled up and down a few times and they popped right out. And my nuts are OK. Thanks okiemopar for the tip.

I found this photo on FABO:

Headrest Post Inside Seat.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back