• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater hose routing?

moparcman

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
This is how mine is run.

c97675d0.jpg

I found some like this with the same bracket as me on dr side fender well.

f3c068e4.jpg

Most are run like this.

323a527a.jpg

Anyone have any input on why so I know what is correct or why there are differences.
1965 Belveder II 426 wedge 4-speed.

Picture #3 is the correct hose routing for your street wedge, however there is a hose bracket missing that mounts near the front of the intake manifold. It looks like the owner used a a different mount attached to the valve cover.

Hmmm well those are all street wedge engines. The heater hose routing that uses longer hose lengths and attached on the fenderwell is how the Max Wedge cars were always done. The hose couldn't run along the intake manifold due to the design of the manifold itself (see pic below).

I haven't seen that style routing on a street wedge engine before this. Not that anything is impossible with how much things varied on the production line back then, but from all the others I have seen your bottom pic is the correct routing.

1964-max-wedge-engine.jpg

Those look like the correct front & rear brackets, however the FSM shows the one for the throttle return spring in front should be pointed toward the center of the engine like Pic 3 above.

Auto Transport Service
Back