• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, from Mid-Michigan

zdillinger

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello Fellow B-body fans,

My name is Zach and I own a '73 Satellite 318 that is almost ready to get back on the road. I'm a long-time lurker, but not much of a poster, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I inherited this car from my dad last year. It sat for at least the 6-7 years that he owned it and probably longer before then. However, its a Southern car, with zero rust, just a few mechanical issues and a primer paintjob. I started working on it last year after he passed, put the interior in it and got it to start, but I've been away from it since then. Now, the goal is to make it run, drive, steer and stop under its own power and I'm getting there. Just replaced the intake manifold gaskets (water leak at the front), now I'm getting it back together and she should fire up. Haven't gone through the brakes yet, but shouldn't be too bad. After that, I need to put the driveshaft back on it (dad took it out for towing purposes), and Robert's your mother's brother.

I still need a few things, here and there, including a 318 vacuum advance distributor (screwy 4 wire lean burn dizzy in there now), but Dad had most of the stuff he needed to make it a car. I'll put up some pics as I get the time. Thanks for listening!

Zach Dillinger

welcome to the site from mid mi also mt pleasant to be exact.

welcome to the FBBO forum

Thanks guys. I live in Charlotte, which is about 20 miles Southwest of Lansing. I don't make it up to Mt. Pleasant much, but I've been there a few times. Glad to "meet" you.

Welcome to the forum Zach, Sounds like a good ride in the making looking forward to those pictures! Good luck to ya..

Hello,
Glad to see more from MI, just south of Detroit, Trenton.

Welcome from another Michigan car guy from Howell area.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to get the chance to meet all of you guys in person. I think I have a line on the proper distributor for the car, now I just need a few finishing touches (overflow bottle, washer bottle, electric choke control), but nothing that will stop me from driving her once the brakes are done. Getting close!

Z

Auto Transport Service
Back