• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here are Z28 pictures as promised.

SteveSS

Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
I got to look a little more closely at the car now that it's home. It seems to pretty optioned out. Of course, the big one is the Z28 option. It has power windows, T-tops, AC, PS, PB, AM/FM with an 8 track player (the radio works, not sure about the 8-track) rear defroster vent, Posi, AT, and probably some stuff I haven't figured out yet. One weird one is the cord-wrapped 4 spoke steering wheel. I'm the 4th owner. The first one was an old man and it's got some old man touches like the bumper strips on the body and a carpeted dash mat that kept the dash from cracking. Then the old man willed the Camaro to "Uncle Ken." Ken gave it to his nephew Ryan who sold it cheap to cover his fall tuition. I did get to talk to Ryan's Uncle Ken. the clear coat is coming off like a week-old sunburn but the body looks straight. It has two rust holes where Uncle Ken told me some pine needles plugged the drain holes. That's kind of common in Colorado.

camaro front.jpg

Camaro int.jpg

Camaro rear.jpg

Camaro engine.jpg

I drove one of those new when I did a PDI on it working at the chevy dealership.

Those drove and handled well. Not a bad car at all.

great looking car I always liked the front spoiler on those even though it was on the 79-81 cars

Nice, rare to find them unmolested/hot rodded.

Your weird steering wheel is correct..... the dash should be silver. I painted mine black in about 1980

IMG_1102.JPG

Your weird steering wheel is correct..... the dash should be silver. I painted mine black in about 1980

View attachment 1347512
The rope steering wheel is correct for 78-79 maybe even later but I had 78 and two 79s that both had that wheel. The dash is similar to 77-76 but changed in 79

Cool find

Auto Transport Service
Back