• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's my 64 HEMI Dodge

fastmanefi

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Original 318 car. Now has ladder bar coil over suspension, Ford 9" with locker, full length frame connectors, mini tubs, tubular K member, disks all around, original seats with original push button auto (major pumped up). Wife said, "Don't make a hot rod out of it! No bucket seats, no shifter, etc". Got to do what the wife wants. She picked the color.

Engine is the engine I build in my HEMI book. 572", World block, Stage-V heads, mild solid roller, 10.5:1 CR, dragster 10 qt pan, FAST XFI with dual throttle bodies and distributorless ignition. Made 725 HP and the car got 13.9 MPG when we drove it for the article.

InOldTownColumbia1000pixs.jpg

BookHEMIintheDodge.jpg

Radio_Delete.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! Makes me want to go out in the garage and hug my ugly unfinished 64 to let it know I haven't forgotten about it.

Gotta know where you got that radio delete plate ... I need one!!!

wow very nice car ,welcome to the site enjoy your stay and thanks for sharing that very nice looking car :headbang:

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! Makes me want to go out in the garage and hug my ugly unfinished 64 to let it know I haven't forgotten about it.

Gotta know where you got that radio delete plate ... I need one!!!

I bought the plate from a guy in New Zealand that was making them. Sorry, don't have a contact web site.
Then I had it plated at G-Car.

I saw this car at the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, talked with the owner, super nice guy and the car is awesome to see in person!!

I absolutely LOVE it. Fabulous job. Congrats on an amazing ride

Do you have any in process pics. I would like to see what you did with the firewall and the wiring.

MEW is the ONLY machine shop I trust to machine my work and angie does all of my cylinder heads. AWESOME FOLKS!!

Awesome car and build there.

I absolutely LOVE it. Fabulous job. Congrats on an amazing ride

Do you have any in process pics. I would like to see what you did with the firewall and the wiring.

I have complete progress shots, but ill be racing at the ET finals until Monday. Then I can post a link to the history shots.

That would be awesome. I am in the middle of building my 64 polara and pics would be helpful. What does your car run in the 1/4?

Fastmanefi:

Who Did The Dash In Your '64! That Look So Good!

It's the original dash chromed by G-Car in Washington.

I was lucky to find a complete 64 that had all it's parts. All the chrome and interior came with the car. The only new body parts are the headlight rings, front fender plastic pieces, and rear tail light lenses. The car had very little rust and had never been in an accident. Best $2K I ever spent !

Dash mechanicals were rebuilt by Redline Gauge Works.
There's a tach where the dash clock would have been.

beautiful 64 everything is amazing on it,where did you get the ignition set up i've never seen that done before but it makes the engine compartment look very neat & clean

beautiful 64 everything is amazing on it,where did you get the ignition set up i've never seen that done before but it makes the engine compartment look very neat & clean

I did the ignition just to.show what Fast EFI can do. Distributors are are so old school :^)

Auto Transport Service
Back