• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey! Is this a suregrip tag?!

pjoll84

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is a Suregrip lsd tag or something else?

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

Thanks everyone… I siphoned out all the diff fluid and ready for a change. It’s a 9 1/4 axle and I was hoping it was a suregril tag so I didnt have to take the cover off and get the modifier. just being lazy.

It’s a dually… anywhere in the vin that would tell me if I have an lsd (72 b200)…

My Dakota R/t has one and it is actually listed on the glove box door. Weird.

Jack up the rear of the vehicle and turn one wheel forward. If the other wheel also turns forward, its probably a sure grip.

Jack up the rear of the vehicle and turn one wheel forward. If the other wheel also turns forward, its probably a sure grip.
I appreciate that! This is a C class motorhome so I haven’t figured out how to do that yet without feeling like it’s going to squish me lol probably an unpopular method… but I drove a Dakota and I remember the smell of the modifier… and the stuff that came out of the diff was similar… so I’m going to go for broke and just put the modifier in and call her good.

Auto Transport Service
Back