• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi Folks

69BBody

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I guess I posted a little too close to the downtime yesterday, so I was wiped out. No worries...here we go again.

Joined last fall and have been lurkin' a while, so thought it was about time I added a welcome post.

Have a '69 Coronet 500 driver with a mild cam 383 and the original 727 that I get out of the garage when the rains aren't coming down here on the wet coast. Still have the number matching engine, but it needs a rebuild.

Look forward to adding to the learning I've already picked up and hopefully sharing some of my own.

File 2016-02-26, 7 24 31 PM.jpgIMG_1464.JPG

Cheers,

Scotty (69BBody)

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal. Looks like you have a sweet ride there. Thanks for joining.

Welcome from MI. My buddy has a 68 that he finished last year and is tweaking some things on. Looks like you've got a great car there.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

clean 69 Coronet 500

Welcome from Alaska! I have a 69 Coronet I am building but your car looks great! Mine is a stripped down shell with boxes of parts stashed everywhere. Keep the pics coming and enjoy your car.

Thanks Mocajava. While yours is a shell now, I'm sure it will soon be in better than new condition, while I'll still be enjoying my original "warts".

Found another pic. It was a nice sunny mild fall day and thought I'd surprise my son by picking him up from school in the "cool car". As I get closer to the school I see an older gentleman washing his '49 Windsor. I pull in behind him and without skipping a beat, he says to me, "Are we having a parade?" Cracked me right up. Turned out it was the last day of the year he'd figured there'd be decent weather and so wanted to clean her up before garaging her for the winter.

He seemed to be quite hard-of-hearing, so unfortunately we didn't get to talk much, but he was willing to let me take a picture of the car (if you look carefully, you can see his hat peaking above the rear corner) with mine in the background.

IMG_1547.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back