• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hockey stick trim piece, Install?

Terry Kitzman

Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Finally ready to put trim on, My car came with a basket of parts, I've got the trim pieces but no hardware. Does anyone know what type and size fastener is used to put these diecast trim pieces on?

01_27_2021_0591.JPG

Finally ready to put trim on, My car came with a basket of parts, I've got the trim pieces but no hardware. Does anyone know what type and size fastener is used to put these diecast trim pieces on?

View attachment 1060756
I took a machine screw, cut the head off screwed it in, used self threading nuts to tighten it. Original was a stud. I can check and see what the thread was. Mine are waiting to be installed. Also will be putting some sort of foam over the stud to seal.

I took a machine screw, cut the head off screwed it in, used self threading nuts to tighten it. Original was a stud. I can check and see what the thread was. Mine are waiting to be installed. Also will be putting some sort of foam over the stud to seal.
Foam, no, use something that actually seals.
20200828_162951.jpg
20200828_162918.jpg

Many, many uses.

As Terry said, screw and cut the head off. I would suggest aluminum so it does not rust as you know at very least some moisture will get to it.

I used stainless steel bolts (heads cut off) to attach these and the front C bezels.

Some Loctite should do the job
I wouldn't worry too much about the material for the stud.
Mine has only seen rain about 3 times in the past 20 years.
But sure stainless would be the premium option.

The ones I have look like they

View attachment 1060756
I found what I needed, #8x32 machine screw. Thanks.

I stated aluminum but meant stainless, thanks for that correction.

Auto Transport Service
Back