• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Houston we have a problem. Intake options for a truck hemi engine.

sledhead

Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
What are the options to make this ole truck hemi breath in this bbody?

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1032.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

IMG_1034.jpeg

Need more info dude. What are you looking to do, convert to carb or stay with the ECU? Power adder? What motor mounts/suspension do you have?

It's no different than any other time you deviate from stock parts - either cut a hole in the hood or drop the motor down to gain clearance. Dropping the engine down affects a lot of stuff beyond hood clearance.

Hood was just painted so cutting a hole in it is not an option. I am thinking along the lines of a new intake. The car has a QA1 front suspension kind of sits where it sits. I was looking at the holly sheet metal intakes need to find some measurements.

image.jpg

Hood was just painted so cutting a hole in it is not an option. I am thinking along the lines of a new intake. The car has a QA1 front suspension kind of sits where it sits. I was looking at the holly sheet metal intakes need to find some measurements.

View attachment 1690268
The engine has a holly Terminator X system to run the fuel injection system

What transmission are you planning to use? That could be a factor in fitment. What specific suspension system do you have? Looks like QA1 has specific Gen III motor mounts but it says they are for their coil over suspensions.

Motor mounts

It is a 46 Rh transmission and it is a QA one front suspension with coils gets rid of the torsion and I have the hemi mounts.

OK so 2015 you can put a 6.1 intake, the edelbrock, the holley sniper, or you could just go with regular 5.7 car intake. I am 90% sure the car intake does not have SRV like the truck intake and the 392 intake. I don't remember that on my challenger. Just has a vac port and a foam silencer port.

Auto Transport Service
Back