• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How good are you? Can you diagnose...

ramairthree

Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
this engine?

Random 318 LA smallblock tossed into stalled project to make it at least a yard driver to sell...

late 70s/early 80s factory 318/360 4bbl intake tossed on
valvetrainrr003.jpg

un sexy, un cool 4027593 318 heads
lifters clacking like crazy
eddy carb and what looks like no hope of getting my kick down linkage hooked up easy

valvetrainrr001.jpg

thought 318 mopar oil sending unit for this gauge
030.jpg

plumbing was on back of block by dizzy, anyone got a pic?

please do not laugh too hard at my engine and heads (and mis matched exhaust manifolds)

and, the diagnosis is

th_valvetrainrr004.jpg

sorry for the confusion.

you are supposed to watch the video of my clacking lifters and ask me how many metal flecks of my cam lobes are in the oil pan.

it's just a joke.

car has a 318 of unknown history in it just to drive, that you would need speakers the size of a spare tire to hear the radio over, and puts enough blow by smoke out the valve cover cap filters for james bond to use as a getaway cloud.

it's just a humorous post that shows what you get when you buy a rock bottom dollar car to save from being parted out and try to make a driver out of it.

i didn't even realize that the last "photo" was a link to a video....

dang it, sound not playing on the video,
wish it was quite for real!

Auto Transport Service
Back