• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much oil does an 18 spline a833 hold?

thanks bud, thought after i posted to just fill it till it came out the fill plug.....silly billy...lol

thanks bud, thought after i posted to just fill it till it came out the fill plug.....silly billy...lol

Fill just enough that when you stick your little finger in the fill plug ,you should be able to curl it down and touch the oil. When the tranny is hot and the oil expands, it may leak out the fill hole as soon as you take the plug out................................MO

yep, that all occurred to me AFTER I posted....lol
damn night shift.....

I use Royal Purple and fill it till it comes out the hole. I rebuild mine myself.

They take the same amount as a 23 spline :grin:

Supposed to be 4 quarts, I've found mine always seem to take closer to 4.75, but probably because I have the front of the car in the air when I fill them.

Get 4 quarts, fill it up until the oil is at/coming out of the filler hole. 85/90. NON-SYNTHETIC per Passon Performance and Brewers. *note: refer to a service manual if you can* It takes a little less than 4 quarts. Probably going to need a piece of hose. I JUST did mine. Passon made it go from an experience like stirring a bucket of $hit and bolts to operating a precision machine-amazing!

Get 4 quarts, fill it up until the oil is at/coming out of the filler hole. 85/90. NON-SYNTHETIC per Passon Performance and Brewers. *note: refer to a service manual if you can* It takes a little less than 4 quarts. Probably going to need a piece of hose. I JUST did mine. Passon made it go from an experience like stirring a bucket of $hit and bolts to operating a precision machine-amazing!
According to my 1969 Coronet operator's manual it states 9 U.S. or 7 1/2 Imperial pints for a 383, 426 and 440 however what's really confusing is the same manual says to use 8 U.S. or 6 3/4 Imperial pints for the 318 4 speed. From what I have read Mopar used the same main case casting number C 99129 from 1969 up until the mid 1970s.

Auto Transport Service
Back