• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to hook up wiper arm?

Car #4

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
74 Charger. The wiper drive arm going from the motor to the left wiper pivot is disconnected. How do we get that arm back on properly? Also, does the bushing on the pivot where the arm goes look correct? I have a red arrow pointing to it.

IMG_9233.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

Ya it’s hard spot to get too. Have not seen it with my eyes. Just stuck my phone in there and took some pictures. You’re looking at the best ones.

Your bushing fell apart...You can order new ones online pretty cheap...

1973-85 Dodge Plymouth; Wiper Arm Bushing

You're gonna need to take your wiper arms off of the pivots , remove your vent covers, reach in there and unhook the linkage at the wiper motor, unbolt the wiper arm pivots, and the entire assembly will fit out through the driver side vent...Once out you can replace the bushings using a vice and a socket to press them in...
Do em all while you've got it apart.

If there's an easier way I don't know what it is...

Your bushing fell apart...You can order new ones online pretty cheap...

1973-85 Dodge Plymouth; Wiper Arm Bushing

You're gonna need to take your wiper arms off of the pivots , remove your vent covers, reach in there and unhook the linkage at the wiper motor, unbolt the wiper arm pivots, and the entire assembly will fit out through the driver side vent...Once out you can replace the bushings using a vice and a socket to press them in...
Do em all while you've got it apart.

If there's an easier way I don't know what it is...
Thank you so much. That’s the information I was looking for.

Auto Transport Service
Back