• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to import

Sixtynine_Bird

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys,

As some of you may know I'm French, and now I'm looking for another Mopar for my brother and I (my dad own the 69 bird you see on my avatar which is going through a full resto process posted on this forum).

The fact is that we are on something but the car is located in Canada.
If I am buying this car I want to know how can I come to the USA to drive the car through the harbor to ship it across the Atlantic?

Will I be able to go through the border patrol between Canada and USA with the car without any trouble?

Any help info or else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

As long as you own the car, crossing the border should be no problem. However, the car needs a license plate so you'll have to consider how you'll get a plate in Canada without being a resident (plates do not transfer with the car). They do issue temporary plates BUT its very specific about their use and when you can operate the vehicle i.e. you can not drive with a temp plate on weekends.

Where is the car located in Canada ?
Why not ship the car from Canada ?

First of all thanks for your reply.

Ok I knew I've had to ask before doing anything lol
it seems to be very complicated though. I will have to check with the shipping guy if I can arrange transportation directly from Canada that would solve a lot of problems.

The car is located in Ontario near Toronto.

I live very near Toronto.
Have you seen the car? What is it?
Exactly where is it - name of the town?

It has to ship in a container. I think you could ship from Canada easier than from the US.

No e mail addresses please. Use the personal message feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, PM me and I'll give you my email address

You would need insurance to drive it, check with some of the car carriers for a cost to deliver it to where you want to ship it from. There are a few of them in the Toronto area and they do it all the time so I am sure they could advise you on paper work and may do it for you for a fee.

You would need insurance to drive it, check with some of the car carriers for a cost to deliver it to where you want to ship it from. There are a few of them in the Toronto area and they do it all the time so I am sure they could advise you on paper work and may do it for you for a fee.

Thank you I will do some research then.
Thanks for the info

As some of you may know I'm French,

funny-picture-french-toast-555x436.jpg

I like many French things. French Fries, French toast, French roast coffee, French onion soup, French kisses from French babes... Il n'ya pas de quoi

We met you guys at the Nats. When it poured rain, you 3 waited under our tent. We shared some American “Champaign” (Miller lite)

I’m sure the logistics could be worked out. I sure would be cool to buy it and drive it as you described.

Anyhow, good luck

We met you guys at the Nats. When it poured rain, you 3 waited under our tent. We shared some American “Champaign” (Miller lite)

I’m sure the logistics could be worked out. I sure would be cool to buy it and drive it as you described.

Anyhow, good luck

Hello! Yeah remember you! That was really cool! Thanks again for that! We came the next day to see you again but I guess we arrived too late your tent were already gone.

Yes that was the first goal, buy it and drive it out there in the US, that is like a dream for us, to be able to drive an old Mopar in its country :)
But it seems to be very complicated, so will see that.

I think I'm going to wait trying to gather more money and buy a decent Mopar for my brother and I.
Then once the bird will be finished, we can go out and do a Mopar cruise lol

Auto Transport Service
Back