• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to make a big block engine

Damn that video got me lost in the world of youtube. Found this.. Nice to know they arent produced in a sand box in Cambodia by a 12 year old.

Huge engine. Wonder what the cost of that would be? Cool video as well.

Wow , just wow how many litres of oil for an oil change on that . And what about the machinery to make it .

I was a deckhand a couple of summers a long time ago. Engines like that have cylinder assemblies called "power packs" and it's a piston, rod, and sleeve along with the valve train assembly for that cylinder. Swap out the whole thing.
The coolest engine I saw was a bow thruster V-12 Caterpillar. The main engines were dual V-16s, and huge, but the Caterpillar had a turbo on each exhaust manifold, each one FED BY a 6-71 Roots style supercharger, that were end to end on the V-12...
So it was a twin supercharged, twin turbocharged, V-12:bananadance:
:lowdown:

Reminded me of where I worked. Removing large rolls from a rolling mill. Small rolls weighed 3000 lbs and you needed a counter weight for balance to remove them. The large rolls with bearings weighed 6 tons they were on a sled where a screw would remove them from the mill.

Auto Transport Service
Back