• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HVAC Help please

Mike Szadaj

Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to determine if the blower fan in my furnace is connected so that the motor runs at its highest RPM possible. On the board labeled ignition, the two wires that are connected to the tabs labeled heat and cool are connected to the brown and yellow wires coming from the motor. The black and red wires coming from the motor are attached to two of the tabs labeled park. As shown on the diagram, the brown and yellow wires are labeled, medium low, and medium high. Am I correct in my assumption that the tabs labeled park are connected to nothing, and are just there to hold the unused motor wires? My next question is, as the blower motor is connected now does it run at two different speeds depending on whether the AC or the heat is being used? My next question is can the speed of the motor be increased by using the black wire? My next question is, if I were to put in a duct fan, are there provisions to wire it to the furnace so that it would turn on and off with the furnace?

IMG_3259.jpeg

Last edited:
Black is high and park is just that not connected to any thing
Constant fan is run on heat terminal and cool is only active when Y in powered as well as G

Auto Transport Service
Back