• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m new to the Forum , I have 1970 gtx

Dominick Carone

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
07EED707-401B-4E46-BDB0-3B85EBAA35FC.jpeg

Looking for a woodgrain radio bezel for my 70 gtx , having problems with the correct color . It’s a dark wood . No one has it. Does anyone have any suggestions

Welcome from Ohio. I used to do furniture repair. There is a brand of aerosol spray stains called Mohawk. They're made to be sprayed on wood finishes. But i think it would work.

Welcome from Ohio also. There'll be answers before long, I'm sure.

Can't help you on darkening the woodgrain, but wanted to welcome you anyway. Nice looking car!

Very nice X, welcome aboard.

Nice appearing 70 GTX

good luck with the parts quest

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome, nice X.

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal from another GTX owner. You have a sweet ride there. Difficult to find those wood grain pieces for any year GTX. Try Tony’s Parts. He’s expensive but may have it. Also there is a member here @SoCal440GTX that does some reproductions for some of the years. Don’t know if he does 70. PM him he may have some ideas.

Welcome from NW CT. Nice looking car man...

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal from another GTX owner. You have a sweet ride there. Difficult to find those wood grain pieces for any year GTX. Try Tony’s Parts. He’s expensive but may have it. Also there is a member here @SoCal440GTX that does some reproductions for some of the years. Don’t know if he does 70. PM him he may have some ideas.
1970 did not have the "Lucite" pieces......1970 had the rally cluster with the woodgrain film adhered to an aluminum piece and a small "gtx" emblem affixed......

Call Dave Patik at PCG......He may have what you need...
http://www.performancecargraphics.com

Beautiful 70 GTX! Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard from a neighbor in NJ. Nice color combo, but the I am biased !!! ( see my avatar) !! :lol:

Welcome from NJ again. Very nice X you have there. I love that color combo. Thanks for being sensitive to our needs and posting a picture from the get go!
Try rubbing a little shoe polish on the wood grain.

Welcome from coastal Georgia.
:usflag:

Welcome aboard from Illinois!

Good looking GTX you have there!

Auto Transport Service
Back