• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think my car is possessed!

Car #4

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I bought my car a couple years ago. It had been restored but only about 300 miles on it after restoration. The little knob for the clock was missing so I ordered a knob and the tiny “nut” that goes with it. Today I decided to put it on. Now the thing with this clock, it’s a tic tic tach, is that it has a mind of its own. The minute and hour hand run correctly but the second hand runs backwards when it wants to. Sometimes forward, sometimes backwards. I have actually seen it change direction while I’ve been driving. So today while I’m putting the knob on, the second hand was stopped. Then it starts running backwards, around and around. The weird thing is that the battery has been disconnected for two and half months!!

Last edited:
Of course its possessed....Why would you think otherwise? All cars have a personality thats why we love them

It wants you to run time backwards and return it to when it was built!

Give the car to me. I will make sure you are safe from it before things get out of hand.

Look in the mirror - are you getting younger?

It is an entertaining google search - at least this may give you some things to explore. My dad had converted the factory clock in his old Lincoln MKIII to a quartz movement / I think 9 volt battery powered. Worked fine.

My second hand would go 5mph around and nothing else would more.Just bought the conversion kit today.

I bought my car a couple years ago. It had been restored but only about 300 miles on it after restoration. The little knob for the clock was missing so I ordered a knob and the tiny “nut” that goes with it. Today I decided to put it on. Now the thing with this clock, it’s a tic tic tach, is that it has a mind of its own. The minute and hour hand run correctly but the second hand runs backwards when it wants to. Sometimes forward, sometimes backwards. I have actually seen it change direction while I’ve been driving. So today while I’m putting the knob on, the second hand was stopped. Then it starts running backwards, around and around. The weird thing is that the battery has been disconnected for two and half months!!
What year and make is it? Could it be a child of Christine's????????????????? And it's just learning!

All classic Mopars are possessed,it's just a matter of how badly they are possessed!

tic toc tachs weren't any good when they were new 50 years ago.

By the way Car #4 - if you appear to be getting younger, I'd like to offer you an attractive price for your ride. Hope you don't mind all the humor your thread has generated...it is ripe for the picking. Looks like you've gotten some good go to's to address your dilemma. Look forward to hearing what you have done - if you're still old enough to read by then. Damn - I did it again!

Auto Transport Service
Back